This article is inspired by Justin W. Flory’s Gotta Badge `em All series about how to earn specific Fedora badges.
I Voted Fedora 32: What it’s about?
But What it’s all About ?
In short, it’s what it says in the Description : “You participated in Fedora 32 Elections”. It is awarded to people who vote in the Fedora Elections.
What are Fedora Elections ?
Fedora has several elected bodies that regularly conduct elections every release cycle. In addition, Fedora teams can request one-off elections from the Fedora Program Manager when trying to select new leadership or otherwise reach a decision through a formal voting process.
We currently have 3 Open Elections, that takes place every release whenever we have a free seat including:
- FESCo (Engineering) [Fedora Engineering & Steering Committee]
- Mindshare Committee. (Community)
- Fedora Council.
How the Election Process works ?
Fedora Implements a Range voting system, which works on the principle of allowing voters to rate as many candidates as they want on scale from
This method is designed to give voters the option of splitting their vote and showing their level of preference of a subset of candidates over another.
Once voting ends, votes are tallied using the summing method (addition of all votes) to generate a final score for a candidate.
How do I earn “I Voted: Fedora 32” ?
Earning I Voted: Fedora 32 is pretty easy & can be only obtained till Thursday, June 11 2020, 23:59:59, The process is pretty simple:
- To vote for Different elections, there are different eligiblity crieteria:
- To vote for the Fedora Council you must have cla_done in FAS.
- To vote for FESCo you must have cla_done + one other “non-cla” group in FAS.
- To vote for Mindshare you must have a cla_done in FAS.
- Once you’re eligible, You can head over to the Fedora Elections App here
- Login with your FAS ID.
- One you’re logged in, A page would appear with a list of all the Open Election
- Then you can click on
Vote Nowin the Open election you would like to vote on.
- The Voting page would appear with all the Candidates for the specific election along with their Interviews to get to know them better
- Once you select the votes in the Range counter and when you would select Preview your Vote -> Submit Your Vote, A unique link would be generated to claim the badge.
- On clicking the link, it would redirect you to a Fedora Badges link where you can sign in and it would automatically award you the badge.
Best of Luck with Claiming the Badge.